Welcome to the world of online learning! You may have questions concerning how your internet course is going to function. After you have been properly admitted as a student at Boyce College and have registered for an online course via the web registration process, please read the following information very carefully in order to have the best educational experience possible.
2. If you have registered for an online course that features recorded lectures, they will be streamed from Southern’s secure server, accessible from links on your course site on or near the start of the semester. Keep in mind that Fall and Spring online courses follow the same semester calendar as on-campus courses.
3. The course video lectures are for registered students only. Please do not make copies or share these resources.
4. To view lectures on Canvas, click the lecture icon or link. If you experience difficulties, contact Campus Technology.
5. For information concerning other online resources, please browse the links found on the right side of this page, especially the FAQs page.
6. If you do not intend to remain in an online course, please drop it as soon as possible. Other students need and are hoping to get the seat! If you must drop an online course, please do not simply “not show up”. If you do not properly drop an online course for which you are registered, you will receive a failing grade at the end of the semester.
- To drop an online course prior to the close of web registration, go to your MySBTS and follow the instructions for dropping a course.
- To drop an online course after the close of web registration and before the mid-point of the semester, complete the Course Withdrawal Form and submit it to the Office of Academic Records. You must also return any course lecture DVDs. In addition, it would be considerate to e-mail the professor so he or she will not have concerns about your inactivity in the course.
7. If you experience difficulty, check this Technical Support page or contact one of the following:
- For difficulty understanding the course material or with specific questions about your course contact your professor or grader by e-mail.
- For textbook needs, you may contact a book dealer of your choice or our campus LifeWay bookstore at (502) 897-4506.
- For difficulty with other online course issues, contact the Office of Online Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-800-626-5525 ext. 4316.