The Academic Excellence Scholarship is the most prestigious and competitive scholarship offered at Boyce College. First semester students may apply for this scholarship for their first year of study. Awards are based on high school academic achievement and an essay competition. The award is $4,000 for the first year of study ($2,000 per semester). Applicants not selected will automatically be considered for the need-based General Scholarship.
- Student must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.75 (un-weighted, 4.0 scale).
- Student must have a minimum ACT score of 28 (composite), or SAT score of 1260 (math & critical reading), or CLT score of 90.
- Test scores based on best one-day test scores.
- Student must be enrolled full-time (12+ paid credit hours).
- Student must be taking courses at the Louisville campus. Online students are not eligible to apply. Students taking both on-campus and online courses are eligible to apply if enrolled in a greater number of on-campus hours than online hours.
- Student must be admitted into a degree program. Non-degree seeking students are not eligible to receive financial aid.
- Student must maintain good academic standing for eligibility. Students on academic warning, academic probation, or disciplinary probation are not eligible to apply.
- Complete or submit the following materials by the financial aid deadline:
- Complete the College Board PROFILE and select “Academic Excellence” on the question asking for which scholarship you are applying. If you are not awarded the Academic Excellence Scholarship, then we will automatically process your Profile application for our General Scholarship.
- Submit a 1,000 word essay on the importance of theological education to the Financial Aid Office. Mail (do not email) essay to: 2825 Lexington Road, Attention Financial Aid, Louisville, KY 40280 (postmarked by appropriate deadline).
- Fall – March 1 (award decisions will be made by April 1)
- Spring – November 1
*Please note: Not all applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements will be selected for the Academic Excellence Scholarship, as it is the most selective scholarship offered at Boyce College. All students not selected for the Academic Excellence Scholarship will automatically be considered for the General Scholarship. Boyce College students are eligible for only one institutional scholarship per semester; The Academic Excellence Scholarship may not be combined with other Boyce College scholarships or grants.