When do classes start and finish each semester? When are the breaks?
The exact start date for classes varies each fall and spring semester. Classes generally begin around the middle of August in the fall and the middle of January in the spring. The fall semester ends prior to Thanksgiving, and winter break extends until classes start again in January. The spring semester typically ends the first week of May. Exact dates for the current academic year are available here.
What resources are available to my student?
- The James P. Boyce Centennial Library contains over 1 million books to help students navigate assignments during their college careers! There are research experts on staff who are available to aid students during the research process.
- The Center for Student Success includes resources such as Academic Advising (see next question below), The Writing Center, Vocation and Career Development (also see below) and Disability Services, all of which serve to ensure students’ success “from orientation to graduation.”
- The Vocation and Career Development department is available five days a week to help chart a trajectory for Gospel-minded success through internship and networking opportunities.
- The Human Resources Office exists to connect students to employment both on and off campus.
- The Health and Recreation Center houses a basketball gym, a six-lane swimming pool, exercise machines, a CrossFit gym, a variety of fitness classes, and more.
How can my student get advising help?
The Center for Student Success seeks to provide each student with advising at least once/semester. To learn about your son or daughter’s counselor, click here.
Where can I see how my student is performing academically—their grade reports, transcripts, etc.?
Your students’ academic records and related information (tuition account, etc.) can be viewed under the “Student Tools” tab on MySBTS. For more specific information, contact the Academic Records Office at (502) 897-4209.
What should my student do if he or she has issues with registration or class scheduling?
Contact his or her academic counselor.
What does “Room & Board” include?
Room and Board includes living arrangements (suite-style housing), enough meals for six days a week, three meals per day, and on-site laundry.
Are students living on campus required to be on a meal plan?
Residential students are required to have a meal plan. Though it is a flat price (incorporated into the “Room & Board fee), there are several options within the meal plan at Boyce. A student can choose between varying ratios of meal swipes (for the cafeteria) to flex dollars (can be used at Founders’ Café or Pizza Hut).
When is tuition billed/due? How is it paid?
The billing period for tuition typically opens two weeks prior to the beginning of each term. Tuition is initially due, at least in part, the third Monday of the semester. There are two options for paying tuition and related fees: 1) Pay in full at the start of the term; 2) Pay via the FACTS payment plan (payments billed monthly). More information is available here.
Is the campus safe?
Yes. The Campus Police department is staffed 24/7, offering campus security and patrol, among other policing services. Many of these state-certified officers are former police or military. You can also view crime reports on their website.
Where can my student go if he/she is sick?
The H. Hart Hagan Clinic, located in the Honeycutt Center on campus, provides students with urgent care services as well as well-checks and other services for free or very low cost.
Who can we contact regarding a family emergency?
The Student Life Office will connect you with those in direct leadership over your son/daughter. They can be reached at (502) 897-4295.
Can friends or siblings of my son/daughter stay with them in the residence dorms when visiting Louisville?
Absolutely, provided the visitor is 18 years of age or older. To host a visitor, Boyce students will need to fill out this form.
Is there a place for parents to stay when visiting their son/daughter at Boyce?
Yes. Reservations can be made here for the Legacy Hotel and Conference Center, located on our campus.